What payment types do you accept?
Elisa accepts cash, credit card, paypal and bank deposit.
Due to bookings filling up quickly, a 30% deposit is required at the time of your booking. This payment can be made by any of the above methods.
What do I need to do to prepare for my session?
The amount of preparation you do for your shoot is up to you. Remember this should be as relaxed as possible and reflect who you are. In saying that, some general tips if you choose go along with them may be:
- Make sure you get enough sleep the night before and avoid drinking too much alcohol – this will help you to look rested and feel more at ease.
- If you don’t normally wear a lot of make up don’t go overboard for your session. Just a little to accentuate your features is great – you want to be yourself!
- Bring along any make up that you use in case we need a touch up!
- Nails – trim them or apply fresh paint if you want a groomed look! If chipped is your thing, that’s ok too!
- Gents if you shave be sure to do so a few of hours before your session to avoid any redness and bumps.
- If you wear glasses have a think about whether you want to wear them in your photos. Remember that glasses give off a little glare and detract from your eyes but you also want people to recognise you. Talk to Elisa about some tips around wearing glasses in your shoot.
- Make sure babies and children are clean, nails trimmed and moisturised – we can always do touch ups!
- For children – try to avoid any sugary foods before the shoot. It often gives them a big rush and they tire of getting their picture taken soon after.
Where should I have my session?
Feel free to talk through this with Elisa. It can be really special to have your pics taken at a place that means something to you. Some examples of this may be:
- Your home
- A park where you have family BBQs / memories
- The beach where he proposed
- In the city near where you first worked
What do we wear?
Elisa’s style of photography is focused on capturing a moment and therefore muted clothes often work best. Block colours of black, white, grey or denim are great in black and white or group photos.
A couple of pointers:
- Be sure to iron your clothes! And if your shoot involves ‘costume changes’ be sure to iron those too.
- Don’t forget your undergarments! If you don’t want a bra strap showing through choose the right one to wear.
- Sometime we get your shoes in the shot too – just make sure they are clean.
What happens if it rains?
Sometimes a little rain or rain clouds can make for amazing pictures!!! If it looks like its going to rain on the day of your session Elisa will get in contact and discuss the best choice for you. Worst case, your shoot will be scheduled for another time that suits.
Are you a qualified photographer?
Yes I hold a Diploma of Photography and have been taking pictures professionally for the last 4.5 years.
Have another question? Please feel free to let us know via the contact page.